Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:54:38 -0400
> I agree that ABPV can be spread by bees because I've seen it spread with
> low mite levels. On the other hand, I've never seen classic PMS unless the
> colony was overrun by mites. If it were verticle viral transmission by the
> infected bees I would expect a different symptom like idiopathic brood
> syndrome.

Agree. I am talking about the early observed dead bees which would be the
invaders which is why I think that the bomb was started by them. The dead
bees in front to the hive were mostly BPV with a few  short bodied or
stunted. Problem after that was I hit them with the OAV and that cleared
them up so there were no long term issues.

Which brings up another observation. I did not think that OAV did anything
more than clean up the mites, but the commercial beekeeper had exactly the
same thing happen, infected hive, OAV treatment, and everything cleared up.
Last fall my hive that had the problems the prior year had zero BPV and was
very healthy. So does OAV give addition bang for the buck? I have no idea.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine