Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 06:41:24 -0600
> ...lima bean plants grown in an atmosphere of 900ppm CO2, as compared to
> the current ambient of 385ppm (about half again higher than the 285ppm at
> the beginning of the Industrial Revolution), the leaf protein content
> decreased by 28%.

That is an interesting observation.  Has much work has been done along this
line?

As previously mentioned here, 'protein' is a general designation for some
significant nutrients.  I wonder, does the amino acid profile change?  And,
as you posed, the question is whether -- assuming that this work is valid,
which I still doubt -- this might apply to pollens.

> This caused caterpillars to eat 20% more leaf area in order to obtain
> enough protein.

100 x 0.72 = 72
72 x 1.2 = 86.4

86.4 is not equal to 100

Curious

BTW, I understand work continues on Cold Fusion -- FWIW.

> Please forgive me if I'm a little curt tonight--an oak fell across our
> power line outside my bedroom last night, and the utility company was
> working on it until dawn, so I didn't get much sleep.

Glad it did not fall across the bedroom.