Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:45:50 -0400
Dear James,

I don't know how much of a hurry you are in to get your damaged super
off, but I would let it go until next spring.  You will have difficulty
getting the bees to draw a super of foundation on the bottom, so I would
place your damaged super on the bottom, then the undamaged one and then
the foundation on top. By next spring, or sooner,  the bottom will be
empty and can be removed.  I frequently remove boxes during my February
inspection here in Eastern PA.  The bees will be up top, and you will
lose neither brood nor food.

As an alternative, if the box has only food, you can place it above an
inner cover and the bees will move it down.

Jerry Barbor, York