Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 19:20:52 +0300
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (9 lines)
Hi Bob,
The ICS problem is caused by the chemical coumaphos, wether this gets into the colony via Checkmite (we used this in our colonies)/Perizin or by any other application is a moot point.  The result is the same: ICS.  Even colonies that have never been in direct contact with the chemical, but have brood combs added from colonies that have, develop the problem.  In my opinion it shouldn't be individual beekeepers that should be fined, but the USDA and Bayer for allowing the product to be on the market without full testing and warnings about possible side-effects.  Bayer should be sued for damages caused to queen rearing operations because it failed to warn the end-users.  The USDA and Bayer have known about the problem for a long time, but less time than I have know about it.  When I was investigating the problem I had USDA officers attempting to get information from me about it.  They even used anonymous identities, but as they didn't know how to hide their identity on the internet, I was able to determine their true status.
Roger White
Superbee Cyprus

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2