From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 09:31:22 -0600
On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, chuck s mcmarrow wrote:
> I extracted the honey and filtered it through two stainless steel screens
> and then heated it up so it would flow better.  The first screen has
> approximately 1/16" openings and the second screen openings are closer to
> 1/64".  The second batch of honey has some fine particulate matter
> present in it.  Is there a way to effectively remove this?

In our area we get a lot of Canola honey which granulates quite quickly.
If one does not harvest and extract this honey in a timely manner, it
contains tiny crystals which plug the filters almost immediately. We just
wash the filter cloths more frequently. The only remedy is to extract
early and filter immediately.

Donald Aitken
11710-129 Street
Edmonton Alberta Canada