From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 05:20:31 -0300
Hola Juanse

It sounds like you are saying that they are going to do a foliar
application.  At what rate are they going to apply (how much active
ingredient per litre, how many litres per hectare?  I would be interested
to know how the application rate varies between foliar application and
application in the drip irrigation system.  (Chemigation in pumpkins is
problematic according to others on this list;  I wonder whether that is
because of the application rate, or because the application is less
controllable).  From my own experience:  once they quit doing foliar
applications and soil injection of imidacloprid and started treating the
seed set only (at a greatly reduced a.i. per hectare) the problems I saw
went away for the most part.

If the blueberry fields you are referring to are the home fields around
your base in Gorbea, then you should have them spray around the corner of
the farm where you store your your equipment when it is dead calm because
at this time of the year I expect you have all your supers stored in that
area.

I would be most concerned about the weeds which may be sprayed in a foliar
application.  Is there anything flowering at this time of the year?  I seem
to recall that the blueberry rows are extremely clean of weeds,  but
anything that is flowering could be a real problem.

Stan