From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 07:10:41 -0700
>At least for 2012, 66 of 87 pesticide incidents reported to PRMA involved
planter dust. There was also an incident in Alberta involving canola
planting.

In 2012 there was indeed a rally in beekeeper incident reports re planting
dust.  Please be clear that I fully understand that planting dust is a
serious issue, and I am in no way trying to defend it.  My point is that it
is only one pesticide issue of many.

>Maybe I'm wrong, and I hate to say this because she should be a bee
advocate, but as far as I have heard, Scott-Dupree never seems to
see any problems with pesticides.

You may wish to read her other published work, in which she has tested the
toxicity of pesticides to bees and beneficial insects, and has sought to
determine which are the safest to use without harming honey bees other
beneficals.  She is currently developing new lab assays to determine
pesticide sublethal effects upon bumblebees.  Draw your own conclusions,
but to me she appears to pull no punches when she finds toxic effects due
to pesticides.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA