From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:05:52 +1300
Brian Fredericksen wrote:

> Gaucho is used extensively as a seed treatment on
> sweet and/or field corn, canola, sunflowers, green beans
> and sugar beets here in MN.

> I have been concerned about atrazine traces and gmo corn
> as inputs into corn syrup on top of other recent
> infomation.

>  Wonderful we can't get away from chems anywhere.

I visit the upper Midwest frequently to monitor migratory butteflies.
Butterflies are susceptible to very small amounts of pesticides.
Nevertheless, I find butterflies are spectacularly abundant in the
intense GMO corn and soybean regions of northern Iowa
and southern Minnesota.  Examples:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/gilc.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/trua.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/monod.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/gilb.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/plbestt.jpg

Thus I feel the margins of GMO crops are excellent habitats
for butterflies and other pollinators.

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.