Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:50:25 -0400
>It may have been better to address the study,

What is there to say?  It is what it is, and says nothing new to me.

>So far, I have yet to see much anything that counters what he has posted
>about the lack of major field effects of the nics.

Either there aren't any, which is the easy answer, or people have not figured
out the right way to see them -- thus the various suggestions on how to look
better and the suggestion that maybe the effects are not what is expected
and thus the effects are actually being filtered out in all the normal stuff that
trained scientists in the softer sciences do when confronted with
unco-operative data and there is no chance of re-running the experiment.

Belive me, in mechaniscs or physics or chemistry, if an experiment has even one
single anomalous result, nobody rests until it is explained.  In bee science or
as Andy called it, "BS", the data gets massaged and filtered until it says
something that wil make a good PowerPoint presentation.

People looked at apples for a very long time and probably agreed about them
until Newton came along and saw an apple differently.

As for studies, I have seen so may really bad ones that I have become quite
cynical.

But you are a believer?  Say it ain't so.