From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:35:52 -0500
>I'd like to express a side note here.

I, too, would like to offer my respect for Bob and professional beekeepers
everywhere. They have suffered the effects of modern agriculture for
decades, and their plight has often been ignored. They are the unsung heroes
in the food chain. Often they make life affecting decisions on hunches or
incomplete information. They don't have years to wait for answers to the
problems facing them now.

I have zero respect, however, for non-beekeepers who piece together theories
in order to sell books or call attention to themselves. The book in question
bases its entire premise on the claim by the "Organic Beekeepers" that they
don't have CCD, which was subsequently found to be false.

We still don't know what CCD is -- or was -- so how can I tell if I did --
or didn't -- have it? My own definition of CCD is "bees gone, don't know
why." Any time somebody had a good explanation for why they were gone, it
wasn't CCD. The rampant use of chemicals in our lives simply cannot be a
good thing, but we are dependent on them for survival. That's how it is.

Happy Chinese New Year

pb