From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2016 05:14:49 -0700

> >So if the queen dies and the colony dies out is this CCD?
>
> Juanse's correct, Trevor--some folk call any bee malady "CCD."

Of interest is that this study may help to explain the increased rate of
queen mortality and unsuccessful supersedure that we've observed since the
invasion of varroa, and especially in recent years.

Clearly, the next logical follow-up study would be to compare the longevity
of artificially-infected vs. uninfected queens.  I suggested as much to the
author.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA