From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:10:45 -0500
>a person in a wheel chair do
ot need to be messing with bees in Arizona.

I only reported what Fox  news reported. The person in the wheel chair was
not a beekeeper but was trying to remove a swarm in AHB country in a wheel
chair without protection. Most likely no previous beekeeping experience (
but only guessing as to that part but if so what a dumb___!)

The two people moving the 200 pound hive were NOT beekeepers but as reported
farmhands.

As a professional beekeeper  I stand by my statement. I do not have an issue
with people with handicaps keeping bees nor special needs children. In fact
my best employee is autistic.

People without beekeeping experience and not properly dressed need to leave
swarms alone in AHB areas!

The news media in Arizona has sounded the warning now for decades.

Fox news reported the person in the wheel chair was trying to remove a AHb
swarm without protection and when stung turned his wheel chair over trying
to fight the bees. Three people were badly stung trying to remove the person
in the wheel chair from the scene. In fact it took more than one attempt.
Most likely saved his life.

Maybe a member of the list will post a link to the story?

If I do not have the facts correctly please correct but I watched the story
several times as did my friends and above was the story.

Today was a long hot day working many hives of bees and tomorrow is a
another day. Bees all over Goldenrod today but winter coming on fast.

bob