Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:50:35 GMT
peter, with all due respect, you are looking at a 20sec snapshot of 1.5 hour+ talk.  of course she discussed beebread, but she also talked about trapped pollen.

at almost the 90min mark:

me: "were you testing trapped pollen, or just the beebread?"

maryann: "....particularly because we thought we would pick up the neonicinatoids, we had trapped pollen, and we did not find neonianatioids except in the apple orchard colonies and the citrus greening situation, that was the only place we found neonicinatoids...and we did find coumaphos and fluvalinate in trapped pollen."

me:  "that's shocking"

maryann: "well, what does that mean, well.  if we found it in the brood (which we did), the bees themselves are likely contaminated with the product.  so when they are out there collecting and they are combing it off their bodies and putting the pollen into the...and we know they add enzymes and a little bit of nectar to pack the pollen.  chances are they are contaminated and they are introducing the coumaphos and fluvalinate even at that point."

there may well be a few slight errors in my transcription, but that's pretty much it there.

deknow