Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2013 13:24:56 -0400
> Why is the USA systematically opposed to any initiative taken by the EU?
>
> Probably because we have a representative elected government which gets
real messy. Lots of voices so it take time to get  a consensus which also
helps keep us from charging off in very bad directions. Not always but it
tends to be self correcting.

One area we have borrowed from the EU is our regulatory bodies, like the
EPA, FDA, and the like, but even there there are constraints. Not so much
so in the EU which, from the outside, looks like one big regulatory body.

So it all gets down to the fact that we do things differently. We have
always had a distrust of government (our constitution limits government)
and men on a white horse (as demonstrated by George Washington refusing
another term).

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine