From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:05:34 -0600
Folks, the Montana and Wyoming State Beekeeper's Associations will have a
joint meeting next week in Billings, Montana.  The meeting will be at the
Billings Sheraton.  $65/night

If you wish to attend, there is a request to register by tomorrow, so that
the organizers can confirm numbers for luncheons and banquets.

This meeting has a slate of speakers -- Bill Wilson on foulbrood, our work,
MT Fish, Wildlife, and Parks -- bear control, professional beekeepers, some
new vendors, etc.  One new product is a new hanging feeder, designed to
prevent bee drownings.  FYI, Billings is also the home of the manufacturers
and distributors of Bee Scent.

The Montana/Wyoming meetings will be comprised mainly of large scale,
migratory beekeepers.  There are some hobby beekeepers in the Billings
areas - but I should mention that these state have associations that have a
membership comprised of mostly full-time beekeepers.  Thus, the agenda will
focus on information for professional beekeepers, discussions of honey
prices, how to deal with bears, etc.  Don't expect a "how to do it"
presentation on basic beekeeping.

The Montana State President is Mark Jensen, Powers, MT.  If you wish to
attend, you can call him at 406-463-2227 (home) or 406-2588 (work).  He
doesn't have e-mail, but you can contact me - and I'll see that it gets to
him or one of the other organizers.

Meetings start 1 pm Thursday.  Presentations Thursday p.m., all day Friday,
luncheon for men and for women's auxilliary on Friday; reception and
banquet Friday night.  Business meetings and Sue Bee Breakfast on Saturday
morning.

Dress is very casual for meetings, although people usually dress for the
banquet dinner (suit and tie for men -- although they won't kick you out
for being casual).  There will be a fund raising auction following the
evening meal.  Dick Molenda, Western Bee, is usually the auctioneer -
generally a lively time for all.  Oh, kids are welcome at the banquet.

Cheers

Jerry

Maybe we'll see some of you in Montana.

Also, mark your long-range calendars.  We will host the Western Apiculture
Meetings, summer, 2004.

Cheers

Jerry