From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:59:30 -0600
Hello All,
In either the March or April 2006 American Bee Journal I did an article on
AHB in Florida. You can clearly see the set up for testing morphometry from
the pictures I have taken.

 The
article provides an easy to understanding of the steps involved.
1. you need the computer program.( CD-ROM)
2. you need the slide with the known bee race three parts(AHB , Italian or
others)
3. you need a screen to project the slides.

To test for AHB:

You need 10 sample bees. You dissect the three needed parts from each sample
and place on 10 slides. Then you mouse click on many  points and enter
information into the computer ( this part can be done by math)

Once all ten samples are entered into the computer then a number figure is
given. The number given by the program is compared to a number on a chart
and the degree of africanization is determined.

Time consuming I found as I did some testing myself.

bob

--
believed to be clean.