From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:10:17 -0500
Bill,

I have?several hundreds?of big tulip poplars?filled with blooms and dripping nectar on the ground?within a mile of my hives and in 5 years I have never to my knowledge gotten a tulip poplar honey crop.? They do seem to occasionally work the tulip poplar for pollen as there?are some trace amounts of tulip poplar pollen in the honey harvested in that time frame.? They seem to have a preference for other blossoms that perhaps have a higher sugar content in my area.

Jerry Wallace
Atlanta, GA