From:
Milt Lathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:32:56 -0500
Hey folks, Thanks for your input on & off the list.

To be clear, I am not a reseller of honey.  I am down to 3 hives now and
decided to leave the bees a little extra this year.  I pulled enough
to 'pay' my bee-landlords but I have gotten my friends back in clover
country to expect some of "...that wonderful blackberry honey" every
holiday.

Sounds like friend to friend prices range from one to two dollars per
pound in bulk.  (To me, Sixty pounds is a lot to BUY).

Related subject - I tried a local family's 'Fireweed' honey out of a
plastic-lined drum.  It tastes great - but, I am pretty sure it's from
their 2005 crop.  Does Fireweed just keep better than other honeys?

I wonder - how much honey IS in storage around North America?