From:
J Troyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:10:46 -0500

Last year my husband wanted to get a swarm that was WAY up in a tree.
He decided to shoot it down with a shotgun.  That was a sight to see!
The strangest thing was that it worked!  We put a paper cat carrier
under the tree, he shot the branch, and the entire thing fell in the
box. Somehow, it worked, but I don't recommend it for the fainthearted
or those with poor aim. I did get a good laugh out of the whole
thing!!!!  As for the paper cat carrier, you can get them from the
vets.  They are perfect for swarms and bees like them.  After you put
the swarm in the box you can carry it to the permanent hive.  Neat--even
has a handle!

JT