Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:44:32 GMT
Thanks Predrag.  Do you have a photo of your set-up?

>>I usually put an bottom rack about 10cm (4 inches) high or similar,
between hive body and the bottom board. ...  The entrances are on the
hive body, diameter is 3cm (about 1'' 1/4).

Do you mean your top entrance in the hive body is 3 cm diamater?  Do
you also restrict your bottom board entrance?

>>My first five hives had slatted bottom racks 5cm (2 inches) high,
so that idea was permanently interesting to me.

Do you find slatted bottom racks help your wintering?

Many many pounds or kilograms of stores do you winter on in your neck
of the woods?

Waldemar