From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:33:19 -0400
>Does anyone have any ideas how I can deal with it? I have put another brood
box with some drawn >combs on top in the hope that they might move up, but
I'm not optimistic. I wondered about >making a top bar hive, breaking up the
wild combs

Put a hive body under the box and shake or drive the bees down. You need to
make sure the queen gets to the bottom box. Then put an excluder on and put
the box with the wild comb up top. Feed well so the bees will draw out any
foundation. After a week make sure the queen is down below. Wait a few more
weeks until all brood in the wild comb is hatched. Use bee-go to empty the
upper box and remove the comb. If you get lucky you will have some nice wild
comb filled with honey to show off.