From:
Paul Basehore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:32:18 -0500
At 09:44 AM 10/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone!
>
>I got this idea when I read your posts about extractors.  What if you put
a switch on your motor, kinda like the dimmer switch you use on lights?
Maybe it could cut the power and make the motor run slower, then as you
turn up the switch the motor would increase in speed????  I'm not
electrically inclined, but it might work.  Just my thoughts on it.

>Debbie from Canada..
>
>p.s. My apiarie now has a name, it's called HoneySuckle Apiaries. Just
regestered it with the government as a buisiness.

Most large motors are capacitor started and need a high voltage to produce
enough tork to start the motor and get it to the proper rpm. After it is
started you could lower the voltage with no problem but the start up is the
problem.