From:
Peter Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 11:00:09 -0700
If you were a beekeeper in the 1880s then you would have spaced your
hives some 15 feet (5 metres) apart. In my town of Springwood, Blue
Mountains, (NSW, Australia) there are the remains of a 19th Century
apiary. Pathways bordered in stone separate hive stands (blocks of stone
2 feet square, 6 inches thick) set an average of 15 feet apart. Several
lines of hive stands still survive 100 years since they were last used.
Quite unique I believe. Almost a beekeeping stonehenge. Those wanting
more detail let me know. Peter Barrett