From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2017 17:46:03 -0800

> >This paper by Tom Seeley and coworkers explores some of the dynamics
> between hive size, colony size, varroa mites and swarming.  Note that
> varroa levels were measure with powdered sugar, which tends to
> underestimate mite levels.

If anyone is seriously interested, I've graphed out all of the raw data
from that study and have discussed it with the authors.  There is plenty of
room for interpretation.

As Pete implied from Oddie's study, there is more than one way for bees to
deal with varroa, that doesn't require either small cavities or frequent
swarming.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA