From:
John Rebstock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:15:31 -0700
We are from Albuquerque, NM, USA and have a nest of beautiful black and
yellow ground bees (we call them bumble bees).  They love the orange
trumpet vine in our courtyard and we don't want to kill them.  We just
want to move them a bit further away from the back door.  Right now
their nest is so close to the house that they often come in and get
trapped.  We know nothing about bees, but is there a safe way to get
them to move their ground nest further from the house without killing
them.  We know approximately where their nest is and they are inactive
right now.  Can someone please advise us?
Thanks,
Deb Fisher-Rebstock
John Rebstock