From:
kirk jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 12:19:35 +0000
I like to make mine with 2 deeps, brood in bottom and top. I just remove the queen from a strong hive and put her in a nuc for a spell.I create a slot in the center of the top box to set bars of queens. One hundred queens are ok with a strong hive. That way I have brood and bees under the queens and brood directly next the the queens on the sides. Brood keeps nurse bees all around the queens. Also put in a tub feeder with syrup. Include a pollen sub patty if sketchy weather over the tops. You can keep them for quite a while in good shape.

You can keep them in the shipping box in decent shape if you shake new young bees on them every day and keep the moisture pad wet and some candy in the box.  We are constantly getting in boxes of queens and cycle through them pretty quick and don't make a bank.
 Kirk Jones

Sleeping Bear Farms   beekeepers making honey...
St. Ambrose Meadery/Winery- sister business of Sleeping Bear
Benzie Playboys           cajun and zydeco band........
Beekeeping Journal Blog   thoughts on beekeeping
Facebook for Kirk
Facebook for the Benzie Playboys