From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2013 05:30:19 -0700
Randy;

 You asked, some days back, what hygienic behavior I would be selecting for
when I posted a query about current methods for freezing brood.  I am
actually selecting for changes in HUMAN behavior, by demonstrating field
techniques for selection for hygienic behavior.  I am working on a
beekeeping development project in the Caucus where I find that beekeepers
are using any drug or chemical they can source that has efficacy on mites
or diseases, regardless of its label status or potential to leave residues
in hive products.  The beekeepers are highly skilled and I think their
intentions are good as they love their bees, but they don't look past the
effort to help this year's colony survive and thrive.

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC