Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 13:32:17 -0400
I have been having real problems re-queening a nuc I installed this spring
(no brood is my evidence of a problem). I tried requeening but the queen
died in the cage before she was released. I also saw a queen on the frames,
but she was not the clipped, marked queen that came with the nuc. Still no
brood.

A few days ago, I took a frame of brood, some still in the "c" shape from a
well-stocked hive an switched it with a frame in the non-producing hive. My
hope is that the bees would turn a worker larvae into a queen. Is this a
false hope? What should I do at this point?

Ibrahim