From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2015 11:18:43 -0400
Jim , Richard and all.
 Thanks for putting in the added info on your post.
Chemistry is not easy but you need the basic's before you start. I love chemistry and started in the 8th grade  because I had an Uncle that did his degree in Chemistry from the U if Wash. I spent my summers learning the periodic chart. By high school I was a real drain on the Teacher. Bless his soul.  By 19 we made a propellant for rockets.   Not an old one but a new one.  When it went bang they could here it 27 miles away, It turned a 3 foot granite rock into dust.  ( 16 times the power of Nitroglycerine ) .
 I put this out because your work has to be clean , no other metals at all.
 I could put in the complexities  but I think that was covered well by Jim and Richard.
Take care
Roy