From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 10:29:01 -0600
On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, Ellen Larsen wrote:

> I don't know hol to access the data base from a "URL". Can you help?
> Thanks,

Sure.

And I'll reply to the list because this is a common question:

Do you have access to the Worldwide web?

If so, it will either be through a PPP hookup and a program like Netscape
or Mosaic or by typing the word 'lynx' or maybe 'www' at the UNIX prompt
on a shell account.

You will find a prompt asking for a URL to open and you type in the URL
exactly as shown below starting with 'http' and ending with "dicka'.  You may
have to add a '/' on the end for some brousers.

Let me know how you make out.

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Virtual Art Gallery: http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka