From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:45:32 -0400
At 09:42 AM 9/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
>But, the bees were aggressive and were destroyed. Where they came from
>is still not clear, but it was said that he told a neighbor about the
>swarm he had captured.

I wonder how many colonies are destroyed or requeened because of one
incident of aggression?
Nearly all my hives could be considered aggressive at times due to one or a
combination of reasons, no nectar flow, bad weather, queenless, skunks,
robbing, or other
pests or diseases.  I've almost always been able to find a reason for their bad
temper, or in cases where I don't find one it passes in a few
days.  Clearly not
just case of  a bad tempered breeding.

-Tim