From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:11:23 -0500
Hello All,
My friend Barry B. pointed out in a email this morning that the wing
venation (figure 5) on pg. 36 of "The Hive and the Honey Bee (copy 1992)"
only shows how to measure wing venation to determine race  (Ratio
a:b=cubital index) and not the actual AHB details. I am sure the Tucson bee
lab could provide the cubital index for AHB and non AHB if asked..
There are two methods for classification of honey bees by forewings.
1. The  non- Linnean classification of DuPraw (1965) which is based on 15
charactors of the fore wing.
2. The cubital index as measured in figure 5 of the book.
Thanks Barry B. for the correction!  I type these posts fast so I can keep
up with daily business activities. Sorry for the mistake!
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri