From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:32:23 -0800
>But I am smart enough to see where things are heading

Don, a lot of us can see the direction in which things appear to be
heading.  But that certainly doesn't mean that it is inevitable that we
humans will continue on this path of ecological destruction.  The
environmental consciousness of mankind is improving, and many changes are
being made in our apparent course.  We've already cleaned up much of the
water and air, and are making positive steps in the oceans, pesticides, and
land management.

The key thing is that humans will be willing to shift to an agroecological
approach only so long as they are not hungry.  This is why it is critical
to both reduce the human population and to improve the yield on existing
farmland.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA