From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 17:30:07 -0400
I number my queens and not my hives, so if I move her, the number goes with her. Each queen/hive has a record card which, among other things, records the  numbers of her mother (if known) and her daughters. There are pictures of the record card on the late Dave Cushman's website, Beekeeping and Bee Breeding and also in the book, 'Getting the Best from Your Bees'.

The cards are designed to  fit a filofax and are coloured for the appropriate year.

Chris