From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:20:39 -0700
At 11:36 PM 8/13/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Question is; can cats die from bee stings? If she played with some near the
>front of the hive, maybe several stung here, and this was tro much?

>Anybody has any experience with cats or other animals close to hives? May
they
>become allergic?

Hi Rune,

Sorry to read about your kitten. I have never heard of a cat being allergic
to bees and being killed because of bee stings, but I am sure it is
possible. I did have a problem with a family of skunks at one time that I
found the mother and her three kittens dead. They were covered with bees
and I am sure they died from the bee stings which is not the norm as I have
watched other skunks scratch on the hives and then pick and eat the bees
from their fur for hours at a time and I am sure they were getting stung at
the same time.

I once had a long haired black dog that would follow me in the bee yard and
get stung and try to rub off the bees on the hives only collecting more and
I would have to rock him to get him to leave about the time he would be
trying to dig a hole with his noise about the only part of him not covered
by bees. He always came back for more so I guess they did not hurt him that
bad. Had another dog that would hide from the bees in the truck and kill
any that got in with her which saved me a few stings at times.

ttul,  the OLd Drone

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!