From:
Rich Petke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 14:29:56 EDT
I need some advice -

I have what appears to be a small after swarm attached to the underside
of the bottom board of one of my hives.  (My bottom boards rest on top
of cement blocks.)  The swarm is not from the hive that it's attached to
as that hive has not swarmed.  It might be from another hive in the yard
but I doubt it as all of the other hives seem to be very strong.  So far
the swarm under the hive seems to be co-existing with the hive.

My question relates to how I should handle the situation.  Given that I
have a colony above the swarm that would have to be moved (or otherwise
contended with) in order to access the swarm.  Any suggestions?