Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 12:23:47 GMT
I also hope the farm bill gets vetoed down.  There should be a separate, stand-alone bill for honey bee research if Congress folks are serious in their concern for honey bees.

The farm and ethanol subsidies are wasteful and unnecessary.  I'd rather have lower taxes and and pay more for food at the supermarket.  What happened to the free market in this sector?  Who and when is going to pay off the national debt of $9.3 trillion?

Artificially cheap US food and NAFTA, has put about 2 million Mexican farmers out of business.  You don't have to be a genius to know these guys are going to illegally cross the border to find illegal work in the US to support their families.  I thought we were supposed to be anti illegal immigration.

If any tax incentives should be considered, it should be for solar and wind power although I think even these will be unnecessary.  Rising fuel prices and the more efficient solar panels will make solar a competitive, clean alternative.

We should also focus on fuel conservation and get off the SUV junkie threadmill.  It does not require 10,000 of metal and plastic to get a 180-lb individual from A to B...

Waldemar