From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:36:57 -0700
Yoon's statements may well be true.

  On the other hand I will quote the reaction of a long time successful commercial beekeeper who when asked about his opinion on CCD said, "Work your bees. Good old fashioned beekeeping is what will carry you through. Work your bees."

  The reaction of another longtime beekeeping friend was more along the lines of, "So, what else is new. This isn't going to stop me from keeping bees." And I dare say that CCD isn't going to keep those of us who are committed to beekeeping from keeping bees either. This is just another bump in the road.

  Now, if CCD continues to show up over and over again, year after year, and in more operations, then I may have to eat my words. Time will tell.

  Keep on keeping on. Work your bees.

  Mark Berninghausen

Yoon Sik Kim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Old ways of beekeeping mean dead bees and CCD’s. In new beekeeping, old
experience is worthless, for that experience was based on old variables,
long dead and buried in the dust bowl. It totally ignores that we live in
a world that changes constantly: impermanance is the only permanance.
Thanks for the opinions. Opinions are not facts. Facts are not the
truth.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Yoon
YSK HONEY FARM
Shawnee, OK

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at: *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm *