From:
WILLIAM G LORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 08:05:36 -0500
I just got a good deal on some OSB (oriented strand board) and was
wondering if anyone has any experience in using it for hive
applications.  I am concered about it taking up moisture and swelling and
delaminating.  I know it caused a lot of problems in Florida when exposed
to rain on roofs during hurricaines because it swelled and popped the
staples out of the framing.  As an aside, my forestry colleagues tell me
that plywood is going to go the way of the dinosaurs as no new plywood
plants are being built, but OSB is the wave of the future, in part
because it uses smaller and poorer quality trees.  Any comments appreciated.

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC

--
WILLIAM G LORD