From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:41:30 -0800
Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> This is a difficult subject.  In the strictest sense, there is probably NO
> CONTAMINATE free honey anywhere in the  world.  Pesticides, pollution,
> radioactive fallout from Chernobyl, etc. are found in the Arctic .
>  Hi Jerry and All,

 Times have changed. True organic and clean is unattainable go up to 4500 feet in
the Olympic mountains  ,  just east of the Pacific ocean by 60 miles of National
Park. We have found some heavy metals at a very low level , but they are up there
or finding there way into my box's down low. I have tried new equipment and sent
the honey over to the U of Washington, just to find the problem was still there at
low levels.
 The only good news is simple. Beekeepers must keep there bees as clean as
possible. I keep my bees away from agriculture and that is not easy. Most
beekeepers need pollination contracts to keep afloat..
  We have very little information on the affects of all the pollution that is
affecting our honeybees. I know it has
changed there overall health..The cleaner the bees , the better off  your
operation will be. Organic is out, healthy is in , if we can get there with our
problems.
Best Regards
Roy