From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2017 10:21:14 -0500
Tim concerning his outlandish claims
Couple years ago, someone favored me by adding me to Tim's group.  One of the group was new, had put a package of bees into hive, and then weather turned to rain, and bees were starving.  What to do?  My comment, feed them.

Two weeks later, after being categorized by the group as the 'reason' bees were in such bad shape (old dogs sticking to incorrect practices - time to get out), being cursed with strings of 4 letter obscenities - because I mentioned that I assumed the bee would rather eat syrup than starve, and any sugar (from their perspective) was probably better than death from starvation, I had to dig into Facebook to find out how to ungroup myself and block this group from my pages.

Civil discourse isn't in their vocabulary.  Real knowledge of bees and practices is clearly lacking.  They're not the only ones to ever use large colonies, make lots of splits, etc.  I've seen everything from bees in pots to two-queen systems with jumbos, from  a hollow log to the Flow Hive.  The one constant, the bees accommodate an put up with a lot of nonsense from  us.

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert
Missoula, Mt