From:
Bruce Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:44:57 -0800
I think that bees might use small concentrations of CO2 as an indicator of an animal
intruder.  Many other insects, such as mosquitos, black flies, and tsetse flies,
actually locate their prey through their CO2 emissions, as well as colour and traps for
these insects are based on that behavior.   This might explain the effect between the
tube breathing and AHB behavior.