From:
Jeremy Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2014 09:47:14 -0800
I thought I would throw in a perspective from Southern CA.  It was nice
to finally get some moisture here, and at least I am not as worried
about having a forest fire get my bees right now (we had two very bad
fires in central and southern CA in the last couple of months).  We have
not had nearly as much rain as in Northern CA but at least there is some
grass starting to come up now.  I would say we are still in a very bad
drought in my area.  In my area many people's wells are dry and they
were trucking in water.

Soft shell almonds were blooming since last Monday but the cooler
weather did slow them down.  I have one more set of bees to put in
tonight and then we will start feeding again.

Jeremy Rose
Santa Maria, CA