From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:05:08 -0400
        Mark,
        What you describe is milder than normally seen with a bear or vandal
attack.
You did a good job of cleaning up, to start with.
It is not unusual for the colony to survive a mishap as you describe.
The queen may survive the acrobatics you describe. If there is brood
they will create a new queen. I wouldn't worry too much. Feed them a
gallon 1:1 sugar water to stimulate laying and check in a week for eggs/
larva or queen cells. If there are none, order a new queen. The rest
didn't sound too bad. Bears do much worse to a colony and will survive
if they have a queen, food, and the opportunity to cleanup/rebuild.

Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA