From:
Steve Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:15:37 GMT
Hi Jake,

from what I have heard, propolis is a strange substance, the composition of wich is which is
totally dependent on what the bees have on hand at that particular time, in most cases this is the
sticky resins from trees, shrubs etc, but also this can be tar from roads, bitumen roofing felt,
glues etc.

I would tend to steer clear of it for these reasons, BUT, I have been tempted in the past to taste
some of the new golden propolis on some new clean frames, and it had the most amazing aromatic
taste,

I find the best effects can be derived from putting a speck into a large tumbler of finest pure
Scotch malt whisky. After consuming this, you may feel a lot better. The only problem is
determining the contribution of the propolis rather than the whisky to the effect.

I am carrying out a personal long term test of these substances !

take care

Steve
SCOTLAND