From:
Laura Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 18:20:27 -0400
RE: being allergic to bee venom.  Have you gone to an allergist and gotten
tested, both by skin prick method and blood testing?  I am undergoing that
right now.  I've gotten the skin pricks, tested positive for honey bees and
yellow jackets.  First blood test indicated a very high reaction to honey bee
venom (IGE antibody).  Subsequent testing indicates a high protection factor
against honey bee venom reactions (IGG antibody).  The IGG test results are
"unofficial" at this point.  They were read to me over the phone by someone
in my doctor's office.  Next step is a trip to the allergist to get the
"official" word.

My suggestion is DONT GIVE UP YET!  I vowed not to give up my bees that I've
had for three years, even if it meant going through allergy shots for
whatever time period it took.  At this point, I am carrying an epi-pen until
I go and see the allergist.  I am hoping for the best!

Laura Downey
Jessup, Maryland