From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 12:28:16 -0300
The following could be extrapolated to refer to apis, too:

This has always troubled me, in another way.  Why am I not native to an
area, since I was born in the same house that my great great grandfather
first occupied in 1772, and which was continually occupied by the succeeding
generations, and my brother's daughters also lived in that house and went to
the same rural school as my great grandfather, grandfather, father, I and my
brother, and they?  What is that, six generations?

> At what stage to you consider something to be native to an area?  A
thousand years?  A million years?  Five million?  Consider Native Americans.
Have they always lived in America or did they come out of Africa like the
rest of us?
Harry

And, yes, was the Garden of Eden in Africa?  I've always wondered.

Eunice