From:
Lucinda Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:00:45 -0400
    Greetings all,

My first dry mead has just cleared and lost the woody taste (1 year almost
to the day) Wow! A good reason for getting stung!
Why on earth do we waste this gift on bread? I used the oldest recipe I
could find (Mix honey and rainwater until it will just float a new-laid
egg...) and after a few 'accidental' sips whilst racking now wish to
calculate the alcohol content. Which my tastebuds claim to be fairly high.

My question is can I use the same calculations as beer made with sucrose?
Does
honey ferment similarly to sucrose?

Thanks

John Sewell