From:
Sandy Kear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:17:08 -0500
Bob,

Thanks for the idea/info!  I don't know why that didn't even occur to me -
I definitely try that on one colony this year.

Do you find the bees prefer a particular/different foundation in the
polystyrene as opposed to wooden hives?  We use the black plastic
foundation for all of our wooden hives because they seem to prefer that to
the white for brood.  (Wondering if a white, reflective interior would make
a difference).

Sandy