From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 15:43:09 -0400
>I just wish the proponents of small cell
would step up with specific suggestions>

I have a specific suggestion.
The suggestion is that one take a more balanced
approach to varroa resistance, by not excluding
any of the other 6 or so resistance mechanisms,
cell size (cell attractivenesses)  may only be one of them.

>We have an significant number of new beekeepers
coming into our local club and the small cell thing is
like candy to them.>

Weather you are for or against small cell.
By your statement above,  and by others
who have stated the same,,,  There is NO DOUBT
that the small cell movement is applying 'great
pressure' on the bee clubs of America to promote
a more sustainable approach to beekeeping.

IMO, they are not "for small cell" they are for a more
organic type practice of beekeeping.  So far,
small cell is the only thing new-bees can wrap their
hands around, because, sustainable beekeeping
methods are not often promoted by the bee clubs.
They want candy? ,,,give it to them,,, respond to the
demand and teach them alternative approaches to
beekeeping which rely on breeding and organic methodry.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle